Here’s another experiment with canvas: a simple map editor (click on the image).
You need Firefox, Opera, or Safari to see this; preferably one of the current beta versions (Safari 4 runs fastest, Firefox 3.5 is okay).
- The sprites are just for benchmarking. But they also look nice :)
- The desert background tiles and sprites are generated randomly.
This may be the beginning of a real-time strategy game or something.
- save and load maps (JSON format)
- intelligent sprites (that don’t move on water, rocks)
- ability to select and command sprites
- pathfinding? I have no idea yet ^^
- resources to gather for the sprites: gold, lumber, …
- buildings: town center, storage, …
- bitmap sprites
- fighting sprites!